Improve Your Dental Function with Customized Dentures
Dr. Randal Watson provides customized dentures at our Austin, TX, practice to restore dental function for patients missing most or all of their teeth. We offer both traditional and implant-supported options to suit different health, aesthetic, and budgetary needs. Our practice has been proudly serving our community since 2001, and we are committed to providing quality personalized dental care for each of our patients.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are removable prostheses used to replace missing teeth. One of the most common teeth replacement options, dentures can be crafted from an array of materials, ranging from acrylic to high-quality porcelain. A trusted restorative dentistry treatment, dentures can bring aesthetics and function back to patients' smiles.
Dr. Watson can place dental implants, perform any necessary bone grafting, and fit dentures all from one location.
There are different types of dentures available, and which one we recommend will depend on the specific needs of the patient. Dr. Watson offers:
- Traditional Dentures: Conventional dentures are designed to replace a full arch of missing teeth. These traditional restorations are held in place using dental adhesive and are the most cost-effective option available.
- Partial Dentures: For patients who are missing several teeth, partial dentures can fill in the spaces in your smile. Similar to full traditional dentures, partials offer more stability because they can be anchored to existing teeth with the use of metal clasps.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Implant-supported dentures are attached to dental implants for superior stability. Dental implants are titanium posts placed in the jawbone that serve as artificial teeth roots. This type of denture can prevent the jawbone recession that commonly occurs following tooth loss.
Am I a Candidate for Dentures?
If you are missing most or all of your teeth, you are probably a good candidate for dentures. During an initial examination, Dr. Watson will evaluate any existing teeth to determine if extractions are necessary. The health of your gums, jaw joints, and surrounding structures will also be assessed in order to establish a custom treatment plan for your specific needs.
Receiving Your Denture
Though the exact procedure will vary on a case-by-case basis, the fabrication of a custom denture involves a few steps:
- Impressions: Once Dr. Watson has determined your treatment, a mold of your bite will be made and sent to a trusted dental lab.
- Wax Try-In: The lab will create a wax model of your new dentures, which will be placed in your mouth to identify any necessary changes.
- Fabrication of Denture: Once you and Dr. Watson are happy with the fit and appearance, the lab can begin the fabrication of your new prosthesis.
- Adjustments: Once your new dentures arrive from the lab, we will see you in our office for a fitting. Dr. Watson will carefully check your bite and make any necessary adjustments. Over the next few weeks, you may need slight additional adjustments to ensure optimal comfort.
Comprehensive Care Under One Roof
Our practice is proud to provide comprehensive dental care for the convenience of our patients. Dr. Watson can place dental implants, perform any necessary bone grafting, and fit dentures all from one location. Our patients can expect to experience a timely, efficient, and streamlined approach to treatment.
Smile Confidently Again
If you or a family member is in need of a dependable teeth replacement option, dentures could be a solution for you. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Watson, call one of our office locations or contact us online anytime.
Reach out today to set up an appointment with Dr. Randal Watson and his experienced team.
“We strive to make every experience a positive one.” Randal Watson, DDS, PA