Enjoy the Benefits of Porcelain Crowns
By Randal Watson, DDS on September 02, 2016
Teeth with severe decay, fractures, or large fillings are at risk of further damage and tooth loss. Porcelain crowns offer a solution to restoring dental health and strength, providing many benefits to those who suffer from such dental damage. Dr. Randal Watson offers a variety of cosmetic dentistry treatments to restore your oral health and enhance the appearance of your smile. To find out which treatment is right for you and to learn more about porcelain crown benefits, schedule a consultation at our Austin, TX office.
What Are Porcelain Crowns?
Porcelain crowns are custom-made, tooth-shaped restorations used to repair damaged teeth, restore dental strength, and improve the smile's appearance. Dental crowns completely encase individual teeth and can repair severely decayed or otherwise damaged teeth.
Candidates for Porcelain Crowns
Porcelain crowns can be used to treat a wide variety of dental issues, making them suitable for many patients. Candidates for porcelain crown treatment may include those who experience one or more of the following:
- Cracked or fractured teeth: Teeth may become cracked or fractured for a number of reasons. Whether caused by an injury or decay, broken teeth may be restored with porcelain crowns.
- Large fillings: Large dental fillings weaken the walls of the teeth, leaving them vulnerable to breaking. Porcelain crowns can protect teeth with large fillings from breaking or cracking by providing a barrier around the entire tooth.
- Severe tooth decay: In situations where tooth decay is too severe for treatment with a dental filling, porcelain crowns may be a viable option for restoring dental health and preventing further decay.
- Misshaped teeth: Porcelain crowns may also be used to address some cosmetic dental issues, making many who are unhappy with cosmetic flaws, like the appearance of irregularly shaped teeth, good candidates for crowns.
The Benefits of Porcelain Crowns
Treatment with porcelain crowns can enhance your oral health and appearance, a great benefit for patients with dental issues. Some of the most notable benefits of porcelain crowns include:
- Saves tooth from requiring extraction: Porcelain crowns can help save damaged teeth from requiring extraction and prevent further dental damage.
- Restored dental function: Porcelain crowns repair the structure of damaged teeth, restoring dental function.
- Restored dental strength: Porcelain crowns act as a wall around damaged, weakened teeth, helping to restore dental strength.
- Improved oral health: Porcelain crowns help improve overall oral health by preventing further dental damage and restoring dental structure.
- Improved aesthetics: Not only can porcelain crowns be used to restore the appearance of damaged teeth, they may also be used to improve the shape and size of irregular teeth.
- Can be paired with dental implants: Porcelain crowns can be paired with dental implants to permanently replace missing teeth.
- Increased confidence: Porcelain crowns are custom-made, allowing them to blend with the surrounding teeth for a flawless finish so you can smile with confidence.
Find out if Porcelain Crowns Are Right for You
Porcelain crowns can help those with dental damage enjoy restored oral health. To find out if porcelain crowns are right for you, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Watson.
Related to This
Reach out today to set up an appointment with Dr. Randal Watson and his experienced team.
“We strive to make every experience a positive one.” Randal Watson, DDS, PA